The Orthodox Community of the
Protection of the Theotokos
Wallan & District, Victoria
Church of St Ignatius of
Antioch Darraweit Guim
A Canonical Orthodox Community under the Omophorium and Protection of
the Antiochian (Greek) Orthodox Christian Archdiocese of Australia and New Zealand
As a Church and Community we try speak the following languages:
The first is the smile; the second is tears. The third is to touch. The fourth is prayer, and the fifth is love.
All Orthodox Christians are most welcome to attend
All of our Services are conducted in
We are a diverse Community of Orthodox Christians that live in the Shire of Mitchell and Macedon Ranges on the suburban fringe of Melbourne. In a sense we are the First and the Last Orthodox Community in the north of Melbourne. The first on the way into the City but the last one before you leave.
We have come into being for several reasons;
* Firstly, we want to worship locally without having to drive more than 45 minutes one way to get to Church.
* Secondly, we want to worship The All Holy Trinity in ENGLISH so that everyone can take part in our worship of Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
* Thirdly, we believe that as our area grows there will be more Orthodox moving here and so we will be there for them.
* Fourthly, we are called to serve our neighbours and the community and as time goes on we will explore how we can do this.
* Finally, we hope that we may help fill a "spiritual" gap in the community for those who are seeking meaning in their lives.
We are still a small Church, and at the beginning of our journey, we know that on the road we travel we have Christ the Good Shepherd walking with us, and the prayers and protection of his All Holy Mother, the Theotokos and Ever Virgin Mary plus the prayers of the saints both in heaven and on earth for us.
Come join us in our adventure in Faith!
Vespers Saturday 4pm
Sunday at 10:30am
Feasts and Other Holy Days as announced via Facebook
(you don’t have to be on Facebook to view the page - just click on the link below!)
'Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.
At present we have no Priest
By email - msoxtn at gmail.com
message via Facebook
via the Contact form below
We are a child safe and friendly Church with safeguards in place to protect young people.
How to find us!
Mitchell Shire Orthodox Christians ABN 18337445576 trading as:
Orthodox Community of the Protection of the Theotokos
Many Orthodox Churches seek to create a village in their community.
We seek to be a community in our village which is the world!